Monday, January 2, 2012

hello 2012


It's been radio silence from me over the holidays, but I hope everyone was too busy with family and friends to even notice or care! I spent a week away from DC, splitting the time between our family place in Georgia and my parents' house in North Carolina.  It was a really nice break from the pace of things here, and I'm happy to report that I did not cook once. That alone was a great gift! 


At the last minute, I decided to come back to DC for New Year's Eve with the intent of joining a few friends at a nearby party. My immune system, though, had other things in mind. Instead of spending the evening with friends, I spent it (and New Year's day) stricken with a nasty stomach bug. I was so miserable yesterday that I asked my friend to take me to the doctor (I hate seeing doctors so much that when I finally decide it's time to go, you know I'm sick). 


I can finally stomach water and saltines today, which is fortunate since I managed to lose a whopping five pounds in the past 36 hours thanks to this brush with the flu. I can also move around a little more without crippling waves of nausea, but I'm still insanely weak and tired, which is endlessly frustrating given how much I intended to accomplish yesterday and today. Certainly not how I'd hoped to ring in 2012, that's for sure!


I'm normally not big on resolutions, but made a few casual ones relating to taking better care of myself this year, so, I suppose the universe was really trying to drive home the importance of that for me. 


Anyways, hope your new year kicked off in far better fashion than mine--happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment