Tuesday, June 26, 2012

fail

Fail...small word, big implications. As in, if I fail the class I'm taking right now, I cannot continue taking courses towards a Certificate in International Studies (although believe me, right now, it seems like the last thing I'd like to do). It also happens to be a word that describes my attempt at making cookies this evening to "relax." (In quotation marks, because I'm convinced I have forgotten how to do just that). 


If that's not a sign I should get back to the books, I don't know what is. And yet here I sit... 

Anyways, unlike a few weeks ago, today, I decided to make my "know it from heart, everyone loves it" chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've been making it since I was, I don't know, 13?, and I've known it by heart for years and years. As one of my friends recently reminded me, I used to study much like I am now: by making extremely intricate study guides, then abandoning them and making cookies. In all those iterations, I've had bigger fails than cracking an egg straight on to my counter, but this was the first fail in a good long while. Let's just say it didn't do great things for that whole relaxing study break thing.  

So I guess I'll get back to it. If you want to stop by my place for a fresh cookie, the only requirement is that you quiz me in the theories of international relations. Deal? I'll even throw in a glass of cold milk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment