Thursday, April 4, 2013

updates to the nest

Here are the pre-move-in photos:








Here are the in-progress shots:











And here's what the nest looks like now! 



sunnier colors in the bathroom


custom little bench and painted table from Eastern Market

new dresser, mirror, and wall decor

new fluffy rug, painted the giant cabinet, moved the desk (the walls don't seem so vast and bare until i see pictures like this!)

new desk/above-the-desk decor

new bedspread and above-the-bed decor

finally added curtains to the bedroom window

vintage seed packet photos added to the kitchen

a favorite Venice picture added above the sofa

a map of the US with the route of my road trip sewn on to it

The entry way and living room have definitely changed the least, with the kitchen coming in a close second, but I've changed a few things here and there as the snapshots show. I can't believe I've called this apartment home for nearly a year. I still love it just as much, if not more, than when I first moved in, and I can't believe how much my life has changed for the better since I took the huge leap in to the world of home ownership and life in the District proper!

No comments:

Post a Comment