Monday, July 25, 2011

eight days a week

I was supposed to be at a networking happy hour with Allie right now.  Instead, I'm sitting slouched and half-awake on my couch, wondering if working through the weekend (and logging an 11-hour day today) has permanently damaged my brain. If that didn't do me in, this episode of Real Housewives of New York just might.  


Believe it or not, I willingly subjected myself to all these extra brain-busting hours at work.  I will thank myself when I can actually go home for the holidays using all the comp time I'm earning right now.  Until then, I'm going to have to visualize a very happy place.  


Like this...




...sigh. Maui, I miss you. 


I have some more blog-worthy stories than my extreme mental/physical exhaustion.  Once I recover from that business, I'll get around to spice rub disasters, banana bread deliciousness, fights with George (Forman) and possibly the sleeper hit of the Sunday dinner series thus far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment